Bankruptcy lawyers are regular attorneys that specialize in bankruptcy law. You can contract a lawyer to handle all of your bankruptcy case for you.
A bankruptcy lawyer will:
- Make sure all of your paperwork is filed correctly and on time.
- Will help you devise a payment plan that the judge will approve.
- Your lawyer will review your financial documents to ensure you are filing under the best bankruptcy chapter for your needs.
- They will appear on your behalf at the creditors and confirmation meetings.
- A bankruptcy lawyer will also represent you if a creditor disputes the discharge of a debt or objects to your plan.
- Using the bankruptcy laws to eliminate any liens or wage garnishments that may be in place.
While you can use bankruptcy petition preparers and represent yourself to save money, an experienced attorney can save your case from being dismissed or you paying more in repayments than necessary. A skilled bankruptcy attorney can negotiate with your creditors for a smaller payback amount.
Sometimes it is hard to add another expense to your already burdened budget, but hiring a bankruptcy lawyer will nine times out of ten save you time and money. If you are considering filing bankruptcy, contact a Houston bankruptcy attorney to get you the most financial relief from your case.